Join us this Friday for an opportunity to discuss the learnings from the NDIS trial sites and the issues workers and service delivery providers will face in the rollout of the NDIS in Central Queensland.
The forum is open to all members of The Services Union and workers across the disability sector in Central Queensland. Assistant State Secretary, Jennifer Thomas, has been an active representative on the NDIS Workforce State Advisory Group and will lead a discussion on what has been learnt, what has been achieved, and the challenges we will still face.
- 1pm, Friday 5 August
- IFYS “Supports by Design”, Cnr William and Bolsover Streets, Rockhampton
- RSVP to Services.Union2@theservicesunion.com.au by COB Thursday 4 August
This is the first opportunity to discuss the challenges of the NDIS from a workforce and employer perspective in Rockhampton.
- How will organisations balance the flexibility needed under the new business model while still providing employment certainty and training to offer quality services demanded by clients?
- What standards and qualifications might be required in a growing sector?
- What new services and employment opportunities might open up and how will these fit within the industry structures we have right now?
Join The Services Union, in conjunction with IFYS, to discuss these questions and more.