At our 2016 Annual General Meeting the following members were elected to the Board of Directors
Chairperson/Director – Roy Bob
Treasurer/Director – Paul Gooda
Secretary/Director – Edward Chubb
Director – Clem Beezley
Director – Mona Kielly
Director – Leslie Purcell
The objects of the company are to:
- facilitate the implementation of the recommendation of the Royal Commission into Black Deaths in Custody as a positive step towards reducing the number of black deaths in custody;
- offer assistance to Aboriginal and Islanders who are held in police custody by way of a cell watch program;
- deliver from custody Aboriginals and Islanders who would otherwise be held in police custody on public drunkenness charges;
- provide a non-custodial facility for the care and treatment of intoxicated persons who are diverted from police custody;
- develop cross-cultural and cultural awareness programs for non-Aboriginal people in the wider community; and
- undertake networking, consultation and liaison with Aboriginal organisations, government departments and non-government organisations in Central Queensland.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT – Juwarki Kapu-Lug Limited acknowledges and recognises Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the First Peoples of this Country. We acknowledge the respective Traditional Custodians, Elders Past and Present on whose countries we work and live. We respect and pay tribute to their enduring stewardship of this country, and honour the contribution to the spiritual, environmental, social and cultural connection to these lands.
PRIVACY STATEMENT – Juwarki Kapu-Lug is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. All information collected by Juwarki Kapu-Lug is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. Individuals have a right to privacy and confidentiality, especially when experiencing a situation which increases their vulnerability. All staff members have a responsibility to respect the privacy of individual clients and confidentiality of client information at all time.
Service users are advised that information collected may be provided to the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, the Attorney General’s Department, and/or Department of Community Safety – Qld Corrective Services for the purpose of ensuring that service users are provided with a quality service.
Juwarki Kapu-Lug is obliged to immediately notify the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, the Attorney General’s Department, and/or Department of Community Safety – Qld Corrective Services of any breaches to the protection of Personal Information.
Juwarki Kapu-Lug is also obliged to notify the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, the Attorney General’s Department, and/or Department of Community Safety – Qld Corrective Services if they become aware that disclosure of Personal Information, in relation to a child/children subject to the Child Protection Act 1999 or the Juvenile Justice Act 1992, is made or may be required by law.