Title: Careworker/Client Advocate – Male
Section: Juwarki Kapu-Lug Diversionary Centre
Classification: SACS (Qld) ‘Transitional’ Award 2001 Level 3 pp2.
Shiftwork: a rolling shift of 8 hours, 152 hours per month
Position Requirements: ‘C’ class drivers licence, First Aid Certificate, Blue Card – Positive Notice – working with children
Preferred Qualifications: Certificate III or IV – Community Work – drug and alcohol-related or Certificate IV – Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
Key Selection Criteria:
- An ability to engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- An ability to provide support to people who are intoxicated and who may also have multiple, complex support needs.
- An ability to work collaboratively with other diversion service staff and other stakeholders.
- Strong community links and local knowledge.
- Local social, cultural and geographical understandings.
- Knowledge of the risks faced by our client group.
- Compassion and empathy with the situation of clients
- Ability to work a rolling annualised roster.
As this is an identified position, there is a genuine occupational requirement that this position be filled by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander male as permitted under Section 25 and 104 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
Applications are to address the Key Selection Criteria and include a cover letter, copy of your resume and any relevant qualifications. Address applications to: Recruitment – Diversionary Services, PO Box 1249, Rockhampton Qld 4700. or can be email to: email@example.com.
Closing date: COB Friday 20th November 2015.
Position Description and Service Overview are available for download below or by telephone: Shannon Mann on 0749 277 508.
Diversionary Services Overview 2015
PD – CareworkerClient Advocate – Diversionary Centre