Please find attached a copy of the advertised Role Description and details of the Smart Jobs and Careers advertisement.
The Role Description and Applicant Information Package can be located by accessing Smart Jobs and Careers at the following link http://www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au or http://www.jobs.govnet.qld.gov.au (for advertisement on Govnet only).
To find the vacancy type the JAR number in the ‘Key Word Search’ box and click search. The Job Ad Reference (JAR) assigned CQR213618/16.
Gross Salary per Fortnight – $1,757.00 to $2,744.70
Temporary – 11th July 2016 until 8th December 2017
Freight Operator Level 2
LOCATION – Callemondah
DISCIPLINE – Transport Operations & Logistics
WORK TYPE – Permanent – Full Time
JOB NO. – CS09
Position numbers beginning with CS are in relation to Operations restructures within Coal South Service Delivery Markets. All ‘CS’ roles are proposed roles only and are subject to consultation.
Who can apply?
- employees in scope of the current Operations restructures
- other employees whose position has been identified as no longer required and are seeking suitable alternative redeployment
- If you are unsure if you are eligible to apply, please speak to your Manager, or HR team.
Eligible employees have an opportunity to express an interest for redeployment to a role that they may have the skills and knowledge to undertake or where, with a reasonable amount of re-skilling or re-training, they can acquire the skills and knowledge.
If you are successful through this Expression of Interest, you may be required to change to another employer within the Aurizon group. There may also be a change to the Enterprise Agreement that applies to you. If this occurs a HR representative will be available to discuss the changes with you.
ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT: Train Crew and Transport Operations
Employees at this level will perform a range of tasks / activities that involve the optimisation of operational activities.
- Any of the tasks / activities in Level 1; and;
- Operating signals, zone release and switching devices.
- Conduct shunting (non DOO) and functions associated with shunting (e.g. Points)
- Replace hose bags and repair sand hoses
- Perform Brake travel adjustments
- Clean of sand pipes and filling of sandboxes
- Plug in/Plug out electrical equipment/ appliances that comply with legislative requirements
- Conduct train safety testing
- Couple / uncouple and perform all hose, cable connections and other associated functions between locomotives and/or rolling stock
- Replace brake blocks adjust rigging (not 2800compression links)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Essential: – C class driver’s license
Desirable: – Shunt qualified or equivalent
- Substantial skill in carrying out routine tasks associated with operations
- Ability to work as a valued member of a team.
- Sound quality focused customer service, communication and team work skills.
- Substantial knowledge of rules and regulations of operations area, Workplace Health and Safety and Dangerous Goods
To apply for this position, applicants will need to provide a resume. If you do not provide your resume, you Employment History may be used.
• The inaugural Y.A.A.G. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Youth Employment Expo will be hosted in Gladstone, with the opening night and networking event on 26th August and the expo all day on Thursday the 27th August.
• Students from year 9 – 12 in Gladstone, Emerald, Bundaberg, out to Moura and everywhere in between are invited to attend;
• If your business would like to host a stall at the event to share your employment opportunities, traineeships and apprenticeships, please contact the event coordinator.
• There has already been great interest from a number of Corporation’s, Non -Government Agencies and Government Agencies for stalls at the Expo – so get in quick!
• Doctor Mark Wenitong and Craig Wone from Rio Tinto Weipa will be two of the guest speakers; and
• This is a Community driven project and is funded through sponsorship not government funding
Gold Sponsors for the Expo
• RIO TINTO ALCAN ARUN
• QUEENSLAND ALUMINA LIMITED
• GLADSTONE PORTS AUTHORITY
For Further Information Contact: Jarrod Beezley on 0412677685
Just a reminder that the Grants available through the Gladstone Foundation are closing 5pm on the 2 May 2015.
Please visit their website for grant details.
Agencies providing services (or interested in providing services) in Gladstone are encouraged to apply.
Port Security Advisor
We are seeking applications from suitably experienced candidates for the position of Port Security Advisor.
The Advisor is responsible and accountable for performing the role of Port Facilities Security Officer (PFSO) as specified in the Maritime Security and Offshore Facilities Act 2003 and ensuring that GPC meets all relevant legislative requirements. As part of the security team, the Advisor implements, operates and maintains security systems for facilities owned or operated by GPC and provides support in the coordination of ‘whole of port’ responses to maritime security incidents.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring GPC complies with the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code; Maritime Transport and Offshore Facility Security Act and Regulations 2003.
· Implementing the day to day operation of maritime security.
· Managing security based contracts including preparation, evaluation and specifications.
· Conducting strategic planning activities for security infrastructure and port security development in line with GPC guidelines and strategic framework.
· Meeting the obligations of the role of PFSO for the Port of Gladstone and assist with contract management and advice for security operations at the Port of Bundaberg and Port of Rockhampton.
Candidates must address the following key selection criteria:
· Implementing Port Security
· Security Plan Development
· Audits and Inspections
· Emergency response / incident management
· Contract Management
· Problem Solving
· Social Influencing
· Driving Results
The successful candidate will hold qualifications in Risk Management, Security Management or a related field or be able to demonstrate significant working experience in similar role. You will hold or have the ability to obtain upon commencing employment an MSIC and a Class 1 & 2 Security Licence.
A copy of the position description is available by visiting www.gpcl.com.au. Applications that do not address the selection criteria may be unsuccessful. Confidential enquiries can be made by phoning the employment team quoting job reference number SER1042-0514 on (07) 4976 1686.
Applications are to be received prior to 4.00pm, Friday, 6 June 2014 and can be completed online www.gpcl.com.au.
Great Peter Bullimore workshop coming up in Gladstone in August. Cost: full $125: early bird – by July 8 – $99: concession $60
Please see attachment for more information