Sport Registration assistance – Get Started Vouchers

Tomorrow is the release of the next round of Get Started Vouchers (approx. 10.00am). These vouchers provide parents/caregivers with up to $150 towards their child’s sport registration. Parents are provided with a voucher that is redeemed at a sport and recreation club that is registered to accept Get Started vouchers. To identify eligible clubs – Club locator<>.
Right now – parents need the following ready for tomorrow:

*   An email – to set up an email account – Parents need to have password of at least 8 characters ready and what their user name will be. They also need to have access to a mobile phone as codes will be sent to the phone.
*   A QGrants account – they can set this up now and they are to use their own details (not their child). This account is needed BEFORE they apply for a voucher. How to create a QGrants account and apply for a voucher (PDF, 300KB)<>
*   Health Care Card or Pension Card with the child’s name on it (when they apply for voucher) – access to a device to apply online & a printer to print the voucher

Can you please let any eligible families know and that they can apply for a voucher for each of their children. Children must have turned 5yrs old and not have turned 18yrs old.

If parents do not have a Health Care Card or Pension Card with the child’s name on it (as yet – can’t find their card, haven’t received it yet etc.), then there is another process that can be used:-

For your information – Referral agents are people who hold the following positions:

·         police officer/police liaison officer

·         school principal/guidance counsellor

·         teachers are no longer eligible to be a referral agent

·         youth justice coordinator/case worker/manager

·         Government officer who holds an Identified position and regularly engages with Indigenous clients

·         health promotion worker/officer employed by a Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC) member organisation or Primary Health Networks.

Children and young people who hold, or parent, carer or guardian holds, a valid Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card should apply using their registered card.

Any questions, please contact me.

[cid:image003.png@01D1DC27.292941E0]Barbara Ahmat
Indigenous Advisor
Sport and Recreation Services
Central Queensland Region (Rockhampton Regional Office)
Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *