Juwarki is happy to donate office furniture to organisations in need of office furniture.
Need gone asap, Desks, Credenzas, Meeting Table, Dividers, Artificial Plants, Cupboards, Filing Cabinets, Display Unit etc
Please contact Shannon Mann on 4927 7508 to organise viewing of various items located in Juwarki office at 224 Quay Street and Storage.
On behalf of Rob Garrett, Team Indigenous Corporation if you have any queries please contact Rob on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0426 208 569
- Do you have an interest and passion with working with families and children?
- Do you have a set of skills and experience that equips you to work with families to help them find solutions to the challenges they face ensuring their children are safe, well, and growing into happy and healthy children.
The Central Queensland Region is seeking to contract private convenors to convene or co-convene Collaborative Family Decision Making (CFDM) processes.
WHEN: MONDAY 13TH MARCH 2017
WHERE: Department of Communities – Level 3, 209 BOLSOVER ST (State Gov Building)
TIME: 5.30PM ( Approx 45minutes)
The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services in accordance with the provisions of the Child Protection Act 1999 (Section 51 I), Most CFDM processes involve convening an Family Group Meeting ( FGM) for the purpose of developing a case plan when the department is working with the family through ongoing intervention.
The manner in which FGMs are undertaken is based on the values and principles of the department’s Strengthening Families Protecting Children Framework for Practice and are an integral part of the department’s collaborative approach to working with families.
Suppliers will need to become familiar with the Framework for Practice’s safety and solution focused approach, practice tools and how it relates to CFDM.
CDFM is implemented throughout the child and family system and aims to:
- provide a consistent and empowering experience of decision-making and case planning/support planning for children, young people and their families who are involved with Child Safety from commencement of involvement; and
- embed decision making practices that uphold the Strengthening Families Protecting Children principle that we listen to children’s, families’ and communities’ views and involve them in planning and decision making.
- The CFDM model has been implemented to ensure a more inclusive process for planning and making decisions about children’s protection and care need
For further information please contact :
Noela Walls | Principal Team Leader ( Collaborative Family Decision Making) |
Regional Service Centre (Rockhampton)| CQ Region |
Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
T: 07 4938 4916/ M: 0472866443/ F: 07 4938 4867
Lambert McBride Perpetual Bursary
Are you a full-time Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander university student in their first or second year of study and about to commence your second or third year of study at a higher education institute?
The Lambert McBride Perpetual Bursary provides a one-off payment of $5,000 for a high-achieving Indigenous student at a Queensland higher education institution in 2017.
More information can be found through the Queensland Government at
https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=14904&in_jnCounter=221533720&in_location=%22Rockhampton+region%22+&in_orderby=scoring%20desc or enquiries to 07 3055 2967
Application close 12 February 2017
2016 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
A public meeting to nominate persons for appointment to the Management Committee for Girls Time Out – Young Womens Support Service Inc. for the term of one (1) year is to be held on:
Date: Thursday 17th November 2016 Time: 11.50am – 1.15pm
At: Girls Time Out – Young Womens Support Service Inc.
137 Musgrave Street
Rockhampton Q 4700
All current and new members are encouraged to attend this meeting.
RSVP by Tuesday 8th November 2016.
For further enquiries please contact the GTO office on 4922 7236.
Our new grants management system is now open and ready for community organisations to submit applications for Round 91 of Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF) grants.
The GCBF unit have been working tirelessly over recent months to develop a user-friendly online portal for organisations to apply for grant funding – click here for an overview.
We are seeking your assistance to promote our new system to your local community organisations.
What eligible organisations can expect from the new system:
- Access to register, apply and manage your grant online from most devices and internet browsers;
- Reduced time in registering and applying for grants;
- Ease in management of their registration details;
- View the status of their application in real-time;Acquit their grant funding online.
First steps when using the new system:
- Watch the online video tutorials about our grants;
- Register their organisation;
- Complete their application;
- Acquit or vary your grant.
Organisations that have a current open application funded through the previous grants system have already had their data transferred to the new system. Organisations should simply visit the portal, type their organisation name and click ‘forgot your password’. A new password will be emailed to the organisation’s accountable officer.
All other organisations will need to register in the new portal as either a legal entity or a sponsored organisation.
The portal has handy information to help organisations as they proceed through the registration, application and acquittal process. Organisations are encouraged to contact the friendly GCBF staff if they have any questions on (07) 3247 4284 or 1800 633 619 (free call outside Brisbane).
I am pleased to announce that the Invitation to Offer for Statewide Training for Cultural Capability is now open on QTender and will close on the 24 November 2016.
Can you please forward information about this opportunity to your networks.
The invitation for offer can be found at: https://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/qtenders/tender/display/tender-details.do?action=display-tender-details&id=19537&CSRFNONCE=CD4B4945BD1F5C0F09B2D262BB469E39
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for further information here: https://www.datsip.qld.gov.au/be-involved/cultural-capability-tender-offer
The FAQ page is intended to grow as we receive more enquiries, so don’t forget to check back.
Please note: all enquiries should be sent to email@example.com
Russell Black can assist with any further details on 3003 6411.