Please find attached a ATSILS promotion flyer for the 9th of October at Woorabinda Child Protection Community legal Education, the venue is the Woorabinda HACC Hall. Please circulate throughout your local networks and promote attendance.
The workshops will run for a whole day, catered and resourced by ATSILS running 9:00am until 4.30pm, with a minimum target of 40 plus persons.
The venue is the HACC hall with capacity to hold a significant number of attendees. It is a great opportunity for key service providers and stakeholders to actively engage or observe Community Legal education on the:
* The Queensland Child Protection Act 1999 and Regulations
* Stages of child protection – Intake, Investigation and Assessment and Ongoing intervention
* Family Group Meetings/Case plan review meeting
* Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific child protection legislation
* Reviews, appeals and complaints processes
* Queensland child protection model
* Benefits of legal representation and collaborative partnerships
* Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander – Holistic Early Intervention, Targeted Support, Child Protection Services
It is an excellent opportunity for important community members such as parents, extended families, care providers, elders to discuss child protection solutions and work in partnerships with key support services to improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander child protection practices and outcomes.
Please email your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and encourage the community to attend this proactive collaborative approach to children and young people’s right to proficient prevention, early intervention and child protection services. Given the recent Queensland Child Protection Commission of Inquiry 10 year Roadmap for Child Protection it is a great time to be informed and help drive positive change.
Law and Justice Advocacy Developmental Officer
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Services
Phone: 07 3025 3848
Freecall: 1800 012 255
Fax: 07 3025 3800