Laughter Yoga – Wednesday 7th September.
CQUniversity is bringing Laughter Yoga certified practitioner Heather Joy to town for sessions as part of our RUOK Day activities on Thursday 8th September.
On the Wednesday night, we are offering a free session open to staff, students and the general public. This is an opportunity to learn more about this fun-filled therapy.
To secure your free ticket to this session, go to Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/laughter-yoga-tickets-27117894352
I am now available Mondays to Fridays to give Free Legal Advice by telephone. Before receiving Free Advice an Intake Form must be signed and emailed or faxed to the Banana Shire Support Centre email@example.com or fax 4992 6926. Intake Forms are available at the following locations:-
Information Centre Moura, HACC Centre Theodore, Information Centre Taroom, Aged Care Centre Baralaba, Multi-Purpose Centre Wowan, Biloela Hospital, Bluecare Biloela, Anglicare Biloela, Community Resource Centre Biloela, Banana Shire Council, Majors Store Baralaba
In addition I will be visiting Moura, Theodore, Taroom, Baralaba and Wowan every two weeks if appointments are made. Phone 4992 3322 for an appointment. I am also available to discuss areas of law including Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, Advanced Health Directives, Family Law, Domestic Violence, Financial Exploitation, Elder Abuse, Criminal Law and Debt with Community and Charitable Organisations by arrangement.
Bill Sanderson – Solicitor, Banana Shire Support Centre, 58 Kariboe Street, Biloela
The Knowmore legal service provides free legal consultation to those affected by the Royal Commission into Childhood Sexual Abuse. More information below:
There will be a Footy Clinic with Rhys Wesser, the Capras and Headspace on 9/4/2015 from 2pm till 5pm at Browne Park. The kids will get to listen to a talk from Rhys and get some info about mental health and wellbeing and then a footy clinic/game will be held afterwards. Any young people wanting to attend can RSVP Jen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a fantastic opportunity for our kids to hear from a local successful State of Origin football player share his experiences and also for them to learn about looking after their mental health.
Jen Williams – Youth and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Do you want to GROW your Community Group or Project?
- If you and your group are looking for grants and funding opportunities for a community project, we can direct you to the right paths
- We can provide support and advice with your grant application
- We can assist you in developing your community project idea
- Learn what Council’s Community Partnerships Unit is doing in your community and how can you be involve
- Find out about upcoming free community sessions that may help you and your community
- Be Ready When Life Changes Direction – This session will help you answer questions around the importance of having Will, Power of Attorney and how to prepare simple and sound Will.
- Thursday 5 March I 6pm – 8pm I Community Centre- Room C
- Monday 9 March I 10:30am- 12:30pm I Emu Park – Cultural Hall
- Know Your Rights – If you have being harassed for money, can’t afford to pay your bills, Centrelink said you have been overpaid and owe them money, DSP claim been rejected and Centerlink made a decision that you disagree with then this session in for you.
- Thursday 17 March I 9:30am- 11:30am I Community Centre
Room A I 80 John street I Yeppoon
- Livingstone LOOP – Cuppa, Cake and Chat – This is a great way to meet people. Please bring your favourite music, story sweets or poem to share if you wish and everyone is welcome.
- Monday 23 March I 10am-12pm I Cultural Hall Emu Park
For more information and to RSVP please contact: Suraj Shrestha I 4913 3840 or email email@example.com