COMMUNITY INTERVENTION PRACTITIONER
Family Adolescent Community Intervention Team Programs
Fixed Term Contract Full time to 8 July 2016
$60,758 pa + 9.5% superannuation + Salary Packaging
The Community Intervention Practitioner is part of a multi-functional team that works to support families and individuals through case management, domestic and family violence, intervention and counselling.
Working from a Strengths Based approach with participants in a supportive and therapeutic role the Practitioner will assist families and individuals to develop skills to then make any necessary changes in their lives.
The Community Intervention Practitioner will also facilitate and/or co-facilitate educational groups.
To apply please visit www.anglicarecq.org.au,
Complete your application referring and responding to the Selection Criteria located within the Position Description.
Submit this along with – a cover letter, current curriculum vitae’ and completed Application for Employment Form.
Only complete applications lodged by the closing time/date will be considered.
For more information Tel: (07) 4927 8200
Closing Date: Friday 4 September 2015
Centacarer are recruiting for a full time Community Care Services Case Manager – QCCS Consumers based in Rockhampton.
The recruitment for this new role is being handled by Employment Office. It will be on the following websites:
Applications are invited for Counsellor – Permanent Fulltime, Women’s Health Centre, Rockhampton.
This position requires a Counsellor to work from a feminist perspective to counsel woman, facilitate groups, promote women’s health using community development strategies, develop and evaluate health programs based on identified needs of women and providing community education.
The Women’s Health Centre is a non government organisation that provides a holistic service contributing to the empowerment of all women with respect to individual and collective pursuit of health and wellbeing. Providing services that work toward a community free from violence.
Duties of this position include:
- Provide timely and quality risk assessment (including safety and support planning), information, support and health and wellbeing counselling to women
- Prepare, facilitate and evaluate psycho-educational programs directly linked to identified major health and well being issues
- Engage in integrated community responses to domestic and family violence
- Liaise effectively with appropriate government and non-government service providers for referrals and networking purposes, including: police, DV Connect, Child Safety, Men’s Helpline and legal services
- Provide empowerment-based advocacy services to clients
- Undertake case monitoring and review
- Work collaboratively with relevant government and community organisations to undertake health promotion campaigns using community development strategies
- Work flexible hours to meet client need, including possible work outside of normal business hours
- Complete all required administrative duties including case notes, client bookings and the collection of data as per organisation policies and procedures
Skills & Experience – Applicants with previous counselling / case management experience and preferred tertiary level qualifications providing eligibility for membership with the appropriate association.
Attractive Salary Sacrificing package available.
Please call 0749 226 585 for an application kit
Applications close Wednesday 26th August, 2015
Kaitlin Moss has put together a program for Indigenous girls that is running this weekend. Girls should be aged between 14 – 17. Knowing Kaitlin it will be a great program and opportunity for our kids to have fun, do something healthy and positive for themselves and hopefully inspire them to make good choices and set their sights on some goals for themselves.
The program starts with an overnight camp. All food is provided. Program will include some rugby league and fitness training, including some light weights training and guest speakers.
Give her a call on 4920 0000 or 0499 461 496 if you have any girls that would like to be involved.
CQID Girls Young Achievers Program
• The inaugural Y.A.A.G. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Youth Employment Expo will be hosted in Gladstone, with the opening night and networking event on 26th August and the expo all day on Thursday the 27th August.
• Students from year 9 – 12 in Gladstone, Emerald, Bundaberg, out to Moura and everywhere in between are invited to attend;
• If your business would like to host a stall at the event to share your employment opportunities, traineeships and apprenticeships, please contact the event coordinator.
• There has already been great interest from a number of Corporation’s, Non -Government Agencies and Government Agencies for stalls at the Expo – so get in quick!
• Doctor Mark Wenitong and Craig Wone from Rio Tinto Weipa will be two of the guest speakers; and
• This is a Community driven project and is funded through sponsorship not government funding
Gold Sponsors for the Expo
• RIO TINTO ALCAN ARUN
• QUEENSLAND ALUMINA LIMITED
• GLADSTONE PORTS AUTHORITY
For Further Information Contact: Jarrod Beezley on 0412677685